The Museum of Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center
Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center was formed in 1993 on the base of the largest manufacturers of aviation and space-rocket systems – The Khrunichev plant and Salyut Design Bureau.
The history of the Khrunichev plant is tight connected with history of foundation and development of strategic aircraft and intercontinental ballistic missiles, space boosters and manned space stations. The only page of this great History is a powerful booster "Proton". Now "Proton" is a rocket used in an expendable launch system for both commercial and Russian government launches. ”Proton” also launches commercial satellites, most of them being managed by International Launch Services. There more than 240 “Proton” launches were successfully performed.
New developments of Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center are Angara rocket family and space launch vehicle Rockot. The Angara rocket family is a planned family of space-launch vehicles that is intended to become the mainstay of the Russian unmanned rocket fleet in the future. They are expected to provide lifting capabilities between 2,000 and 40,500 kg into low earth orbit. Rockot is a Russian space launch vehicle that can launch a payload of 1,950 kilograms into a 200 kilometre high Earth orbit with 63° inclination. It is a derivative of the UR-100N intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), supplied and operated by Eurockot Launch Services. Commercial launches commenced from Plesetsk Cosmodrome using a launch ramp specially rebuilt from one for the Cosmos-3M rocket.
Space vehicles and orbital stations of Khrunichev plant are presented by orbiting stations of a series "Salute", a multi-purpose orbital complex "Mir", space modules "Quanta", "Crystal", "Spectrum" and "Priroda".
The tour to Museum of Khrunichev plant consists of two parts:
- The tour to the museum where you will see the aircrafts and spacecrafts, which were made in this plant. Also you will see a movie about history of Khrunichev plant;
- The tour to assembly hall № 22 of Khrunichev plant where you will visit the manned space station “Mir” and learn about different stages of “Proton” production.
- Permission to visit Museum and assembly hall № 22;
- Guide-interpreter (English, Spanish, French and German);
- Museum guide;
- Tour in the museum and assembly hall №22 of Khruniche plant.
N.B. - We can arrange transport to museum, if needed.